Thursday, July 26, 2012

Superheroes take on the meadow...

There's a magical little place in Silverlake called "the Meadow" that the boys and I love to visit.  It's basically just a wide open green space, but the grass is so soft and the breeze coming off the reservoir is heavenly.   It's no ocean breeze, but hey, this is the Eastside (and we love it just the way it is).  The boys really dig being outside, and we are usually the only people there during the week.  I often find myself there with friends on the weekends, which is when it becomes a pretty popular hang-out.   There's just something about it.  I always have the urge to do a cartwheel (or 3) when I'm there.  Maybe it's the expansive green lawn that reminds me of growing up in Michigan where the grass is much more plentiful (and taken for granted).  I cannot wait until the boys are walking and we can run around and play superhero tag or pass around a soccer ball.  Cannot wait.

"No photos please."  -Flash






Brotherly love....
moments before Superman clobbered Flash

in which Superman holds up the world

flying with a strand of drool

It's a bird, it's a plane...no, it's Noodle


2 comments: